Friday, April 25, 2014

deers

Yesterday on our walk through county farm park we saw a very skinny whitetail. We walked up to it and it stood about 30 feet in front of us and just watched us for about a minute. Emmie was whining and I think it didn't really know what to do so it walked slowly back into the woods.

Then I told Joey about the time Bill and Andrew came to bust me out of the hospital for a while and we saw a doe and her fawn grazing in a field that had just been mowed. The boys stayed back and I started slowly walking towards the doe and picked up some grass, held it out, and she walked right up and ate some from my hand. It was probably one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had.

Today it is raining so there will be no wildlife encounters.

No comments:

Post a Comment